Something is missing from my blog. If you know me, then you may have noticed that somehow I have posted four entire recipes without a SINGLE dessert to be found. This could be a sign of the apocalypse.
But don’t worry… I’m about to right this wrong. I bring you….
To achieve nirvana, you will need:
- 1/2c brewed espresso (or very strong coffee)
- 1c frozen vanilla yogurt or vanilla ice cream
- 1/4c cocoa powder
- 1/4c granulated sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1c milk (not pictured) – I use 1%, but whatever you have is fine
- Sweetened whipped cream (not pictured)
Yeah, I was a trainwreck with forgetting to include stuff in the pic. I was in a hurry, OK? Because I needed this in my belly.
First, brew your espresso/coffee.
Remove from heat and pour into a mug. Add the cocoa…
and pour in the sugar. Stir it up- the sugar and cocoa should dissolve pretty much instantly since the coffee is hot.
Add the almond extract as well. (If you aren’t a fan of almond, use vanilla instead).
Place your mug in the freezer to chill for 10 minutes or so. SET A TIMER, or you will soon have a coffee ice block.
Combine the coffee mixture, frozen yogurt, milk, and 1c of ice cubes in a blender.
Blend for 10 secs, or until you are sure you can drink this through a straw without getting little bits of ice cube stuck in the straw. Most. annoying. thing. ever.
MMMMMmmmm… hello, my darling.
Where was I? Oh, yeah. Pour into a glass, top with the whipped cream, and sprinkle with cocoa powder. Then wonder where your drink disappeared to.
- Omit the extract altogether.
- Use chocolate ice cream/yogurt instead of the vanilla for an extra chocolatey experience.
- Use plain vanilla yogurt in place of part of the milk for a creamier drink.
- Use plain, vanilla, or chocolate soy milk. Or even almond milk. I bet any of those would be amazing!